The main role of this position is to work hand-in-hand with lead fabricator to create or modify prototype and production parts and fixtures to support all product development and manufacturing activities.
- Read, interpret, and create shop drawings
- Set-up and perform all machining operations required to produce the part
- Inspect the final product to ensure it falls within specification
- Machine components or prototypes within specified tolerance requirements
- Design and construct fixtures as required
- Perform bench work with hand tools as necessary
- Maintain equipment to manufacturer’s specifications or accepted professional standards
- Maintain facility cleanliness and organization
- Assist in deliveries
- Ability to work directly with lead fabricator to produce the best part in the most efficient fashion
- Ability to work from written or verbal instructions
- Ability to proficiently and safely operate all equipment commonly available in tool room
- Proficient in bench work including: drilling, tapping, assembly, and inspection of components for form, fit, and function
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in basic computer systems
- High self motivation
- Reliable transportation
- Fabrication/Sheet metal experience
- Welding experience
- Machining experience
Part Time. 10-15hrs/wk initially. Late afternoon-evening and weekend availability is strongly preferred.
$15/hr with room for advancement.
To apply, fill out a contact form here.